Warriors and Cavs fans are thrilled to get their hands on NBA Finals swag, but be mindful of counterfeit merchandise.
The NBA is warning fans about knockoff merchandise that makes it hard to determine if your buying the real deal.
According to Michael Potenza, who serves as the Vice President and Intellectual Property Counsel for the NBA, there a few things to look for when buying official gear.
Check for an NBA holographic tag or sticker on the product. Fans should also look for the names of an NBA licensee like NewEra, Nike, or 47 Brand on the product.
A counterfeit T-shirt will could run as low as $10 compared to an official that could vary between $20 to $40.
- BOY WITH LOADED GUN ARRESTED AT SAN LORENZO HIGH SCHOOL
- CAL WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACH QUESTIONED AT AIRPORT OVER SON
- 13-YEAR-OLD DRIVER ARRESTED AFTER CRASHING STOLEN CAR IN SAN JOSE
- ‘ROSEANNE’ CANCELED FOLLOWING STAR’S RACIST TWEET
- ONLY ON 4: WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS PRICKED BY NEEDLE ON BART