The City of Erie, Mercyhurst, and other partners are bringing back fireworks over the bay and the excitement is building!
Those involved would like everyone to be informed and prepared for the July 3rd show, so they have put together a website full of information on the event. Here is a breakdown:
Best viewing places:
- Dobbin’s Landing
- Public walkways at Sassafrass Pier next to the Convention Center and the area at the foot of Holland Street
- The Bluffs, along East and West Front streets including Bay View Park on West 2nd Street.
- Presque Isle, especially from the West to East Piers east of the Perry Monument
- The bay, boats are allowed on the bay, but the Coast Guard will be enforcing a safety radius.
- The city would like to mention that though they are partnering with 8 Great Tuesdays, the events are at least a mile away from each other, so you may want to think of moving in a little closer if you want a good show.
- If you will be viewing the fireworks from Dobbins Landing, they recommend parking south of the Bayfront Parkway, then making your way to your viewing spot on foot. Please note that the UPMC Hamot parking ramps will not be permitted for use due to hospital needs.
- Limited handicapped-accessible parking will be available at the Bayfront Convention Center lot. Some regular parking may also be available.
- Do not plan on parking in the public parking areas in or around Dobbins Landing; large crowds are expected, and portions of the street and parking lots will be closed.
- 8 Great Concertgoers are encouraged to use the free shuttle service, beginning at 5 p.m., which connects Liberty Park with the parking areas at the Intermodal Transportation Center (208 East Bayfront Parkway), the lots just west of the Maritime Museum, and the Thomas Hoffman Transportation Hub (12th and Lincoln).
Another fun addition is that Star 104 will be providing music that is specifically synched up to the fireworks show. The music will be playing at Dobbin’s Landing and at Liberty Park. You can tune your radios in your cars if you’ll be watching the show from there to enhance your viewing experience.
It’s important to note that the show will begin at 10pm and will only last about 15 minutes, so don’t be late!
Have a safe and fun Fourth of July!