Animal barn goes up in flames in Waterford

Local News

A Waterford family loses their animal barn in a fast-moving fire this morning.  

The fire happened at the corner of West Greene and Clemens Road in Waterford.  More than half a dozen fire departments from around the area responded to the call after a passerby noticed smoke.  It took firefighters about a half an hour to get it under control.  

A friend of the family assisted in spreading out the hay and sawdust and dousing it with water to ensure the fire was out.   The family’s horses were already in the pasture, and while the homeowner was able to save one goat, a few chickens did die in the fire.  

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar