Family of 5 loose home to fire

Local News
IMG_3775_1470539940296.JPG
A family of five is without a place to live tonight after a fast moving fire gutted their Cochranton home.
 
The entire house was engulfed in flames when the first trucks pulled up to the scene in the 24000 block of Griffen Road just after 5 Saturday.
 
According to Cochranton Fire Chief Jason Bresee, family members were doing work on the home and cutting into a wall, when there was an explosion.
 
Investigators are looking into whether a gas line from the natural gas well on the property was cut into.
 
Nothing is left of the home.
 
The Ongly family lived in the house.
 
No one was injured.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar