Gas leak leads to house fire in Erie overnight

Local News

Several homes were evacuated late last night after a fire breaks out during a reported gas leak.

According to Erie County 911, a gas leak in a mainline was reported around midnight in the 1200 block of Brown Avenue.

As fire crews waited for a National Fuel crew to arrive, a fire broke out in a nearby home prompting fire officials to evacuate several nearby homes.

As fire crews worked to knock down the fire, Penelec cut power to the area.

No one was injured in the incident. Crews are working to restore gas and power in the area.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More News