Another material some may forget to recycle is glass, but there are several glass recycling sites across Erie County.
Bayfront Glass, LLC. was the first glass recycling company in Erie with six different locations throughout the county.
The main facility is located in the 1300 block of East Avenue.
The drop off stations are clearly labeling for members of the community to drop off clear, green and amber glass.
John Nowakowski, owner of Bayfront Glass, says recycling glass can be recycled endlessly and benefits the environment and manufacturers.
“Glass is one of the most recyclable materials that has ever been made. Sadly, like most recycling around the U.S., it’s 20-30% of what is out in the world actually gets recycled. Compare that to rates in Europe where its upwards of 80%, so it’s very important.” Nowakowski said.
Here is a full list of locations for Bayfront Glass.
- Bayfront Glass, LLC- 1310 East Avenue, Erie PA 16508
- The Borough of Edinboro- 301 Water Street, Edinboro PA 16412
- Summit Township- 8900 Old French Road, Erie, PA 16509
- Whole Foods Co-Op- 1341 W. 26th St, Erie PA 16508
- Greene Scene Thrift- 1301 E. Grandview Blvd, Erie, PA 16504
- Faith Lutheran Church- 5414 E. Lake Rd, Erie, PA 16511