Local Ford Dealers in Erie, Pennsylvania announced an extension to the application deadline for the 2019 Ford Friendship Express program. Community groups and charitable organizations now have until November 30, 2018 to visit www.pennford.com to download applications for an opportunity to receive a new Ford van.
Since expanding to the area in 2013, the Ford Friendship Express program has annually donated a new Ford vehicle to an Erie-area organization in need of transportation. The Erie Ford Dealers awarded the first vehicle to The Sight Center of Northwest PA and in the ensuing six years also donated vans to organizations such as the Women’s Care Center of Erie County, ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum, The Greater Erie Area Habitat for Humanity, Erie City Mission, Community Recourses for Independence (CRI) and National Alliance on Mental Illness of Erie County (NAMI).
The gift of mobility is not always about transporting people or equipment to and from locations. In the Ford Friendship Express’ fifth year in 2017 the Erie-area Ford Dealers donated a transit van to the ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum. The museum had a unique way plan for using the van – they wanted to make the museum’s offerings mobile. Thanks to the Ford transit van, ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum can now reach more young people by taking its fun and educational offerings on the road.
“We’re are so inspired by the commitment local nonprofits have to serving the community,” said Mark Winkler, chairman of the Erie Ford Friendship Express Selection Committee. “This dedication often means many hours beyond a typical work day, which can leave little room for paperwork like our Ford Friendship Express application. We hope by extending the deadline, more nonprofits will have a chance to download an application and apply for a new van to help further their nonprofits’ missions.”
All not-for-profit organizations operating within the counties of Erie (PA), Crawford and Warren are eligible to apply. By applying, local nonprofits can share their mission and explain how a new van will help to improve their services.
If interested in driving away in a new Ford van, eligible organizations should consider the following:
• Applications and guidelines are available at www.pennford.com under the “local events” tab
• The deadline to apply is November 30, 2018
• To be eligible for consideration in the Erie-area program, organizations must reside in either Erie (PA), Crawford or Warren county
• Charities are encouraged to share stories that demonstrate their need for improved transportation during the application process.
• Please send completed applications to: Ford Friendship Express Program, c/o Mower, 50 Fountain Plaza, Suite 1300, Buffalo, NY 14202
• The 2019 van recipient will be announced at the Ford Friendship Express event on the opening day of the 2019 Erie Auto Show.