Police in Auburn say a man crashed into a tree on Tuesday night while playing “Pokemon Go.”
The driver told police he was actively playing the game when he became distracted, veered off Owasco Street and crashed into a tree.
The driver, who will likely be ticketed, was not seriously injured, but the investigation is ongoing.
Police say they understand the popularity of the game, but ask that you use common sense when you are playing, so you are not putting your life, or the lives of others, in jeopardy.
- Do not use the application when you are operating a motor vehicle or bicycle
- Do not trespass on private property when trying to “catch” a Pokemon
- Be aware of your surroundings when walking and do not stare down at your phone not knowing hazards around you, like roadways, drop-offs, waterways, etc.
- Use caution when sharing your location as strangers can see your location information
- Travel in groups in public/well lit locations