The call came in at about 6 a.m. for “smoke in the building” and the situation quickly escalated.
Meadville Firefighters summoned help from 8 additional county departments as the firefighters found fire in one of the apartments, which then spread to the attic.
The house, located at 210 Spring Street, had a number of apartments in it and it is unknown at this hour how many people were displaced.
As of 8:15 a.m., no injuries have been reported, but firefighters did rescue a cat from a third floor apartment.
Last report was that the Humane Soc. was on scene and the cat was being treated for smoke inhalation.
Spring Street will likely be closed into late morning, please avoid the area.