Multiple crews battle Summit Township garage fire

Local News

A propane tank explodes, catching a garage on fire in Summit Township on Friday night.

Four fire departments responded to the fire in the 800 block of Lee Road around 5:45 p.m.

According to the chief of Perry Hi-Way Hose Company, crews were met with heavy flames and a near roof collapse when they arrived on scene.

A propane tank inside the garage exploded, causing the flames to spread.

Fire investigators are looking into how the propane tank exploded.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar