Remaining safe on the roads is PennDOT’s goal for Pennsylvania drivers.
This week is Highway Safety Law Awareness Week. In an effort to keep drivers safe, PennDOT is urging PA drivers to read up on traffic laws which were recently updated.
Those laws include:
- Automated speed enforcement
- PA’s ‘Steer Clear’ law (moving/slowing for emergency vehicles)
- Harsher penalties for drivers convicted of DUI
- Removing snow and ice on vehicles and headlights
- Turn around, don’t drown (using caution during flooding)
- Right of way for pedestrians in crosswalks