The Pennsylvania Department of Health is reporting 186 new COVID-19 cases. The statewide total currently stands at 1,212,257.
There are also 9 new death reported, bringing the total number of deaths related to COVID-19 to 27,687.
There are 313 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 59 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients per continues to drop, after peaking at 2,661 patients which is slightly below what it was at the height of the spring 2020 peak of 2,751 patients on May 3, 2020. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, June 30, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 62.7% of its entire population, and the state ranks 9th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, June 30, 60.1% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated while 75.4% have received their first dose.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, June 30 Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Vaccine providers have administered 11,685,265 total vaccine doses as of Thursday, July 1.
- 5,402,488 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 17,000 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,324,326 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 6,726,814 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 13,746,000 doses will have been allocated through July 3:
- 299,960 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 299,960 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, we have administered 11,685,265 doses total through June 30:
- First/single doses: 6,726,814 administered
- Second doses: 4,958,451 administered
The department continues to urge Pennsylvanians to follow CDC guidance for wearing a mask where required by law, rule and regulations, including healthcare, local business and workplace guidance. For the protection of themselves and others, individuals who have not yet been vaccinated or are partially vaccinated, are still encouraged to wear a mask when in public.
There are 163,500 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 638 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
There are 4,770,066 individuals who have tested negative to date.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there are 72,044 resident cases of COVID-19, and 15,545 cases among employees, for a total of 87,589 at 1,598 distinct facilities in all 67 counties. Out of total deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 13,353 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities. A county breakdown can be found here. Note that the number of deaths reported to NEDSS is not exactly the same as the COVID-19 related deaths reported by the death registry. The number of deaths among nursing and personal care home residents and employees is taken from the PA-NEDSS death data, as this information is not available in the death registry data.
Approximately 29,019 of our total cases are among health care workers.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking & daily news email list