Resident Injured In Furnace Explosion

Local News
Myrtle st fire image_1476564485099.jpg

Erie Fire and Emergycare responded to a report of a fire & explosion this morning on Myrtle Street near West 17th.

Reports indicate that a resident of a home on Myrtle Street was attempting to light a gas furnace when it exploded, causing serious burns to the resident.

He was transported to UPMC Hamot for treatment.

An Erie Fire Inspector was called to the scene to investigate. Damage to the home appears to be minor and fire crews cleared the scene quickly.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar