Oil City, PA – The following state roads in PennDOT’s northwest region are closed to through traffic due to flooding.
- Route 173 from Richie Road to Lippert Road/Lake Creek Road in Wayne Township.
- Mystic Park Road (SR 1011) from Stroup Road to Dutch Street in Steuben Township.
- Fish Flats Road/Sparta Street/Britton Road (SR 1041) from Garland Street to White Road in Centerville Borough.
- Pleasant Street/Elgin Road/Main Street/Lovell Road (SR 2018) from Main Street in Elgin to Spartansburg Road in Concord Township.
- Methodist Road (SR 4019) from Salem Road to Beatty School Road in Sugar Grove Township.
- Piccadilly Hill Road/Scotts Crossing Road/Sample Flats Road (SR 4001) from Route 426 to Route 6 in Columbus Township.
The roadways will reopen when conditions permit.
PennDOT urges motorists to be alert to water on roadways, obey warning signs and traffic control devices, and never drive through flooding or standing water on roads. Shallow, swiftly flowing water can wash a car from a roadway. Also, the roadbed may not be intact under the water.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.