Roger Stone pleads not guilty saying, “this is an expensive show of force…”

Local News

President Donald Trump’s long-time friend and confidant, Roger Stone, pleaded not guilty before a federal judge in Washington, DC today.

Stone is facing seven criminal charges and is accused of lying to Congress about his involvement in the Wikileaks release of stolen Hillary Clinton-related emails. 

A defiant Roger Stone, in the nation’s capital, answering to charges in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Stone says, “They sent fewer men after Bin Laden than they sent after me.”

The long-time political operative, and one of President Trump’s oldest friends, proclaiming his innocence and vowing to stand by the president.

Stone adding, “I am not willing to make up stories or bear false witness against anybody, including the president. The president has done nothing wrong, he certainly hasn’t colluded with Russia.”

He has been anything but quiet since FBI agents arrested him in his Florida home last week.  According to the indictment, Stone was the middle man between Trump and Wikileaks.

And, in Summer 2016, prosecutors say Stone told Senior Trump Campaign Officials that Wikileaks might have information damaging to Hillary Clinton.  Soon after, Wikileaks released the first batch of emails.

Stone says, “This was an expensive show of force to try to depict me as public enemy number one.”

He is now the sixth person tied to the president’s campaign or administration charged in the Russia investigation.  Which, acting Attorney General Matt Whitt indicated Monday, is close to being complete.

“You know, I’ve been fully briefed on the investigation and, you know? I look forward to Director Mueller delivering the final report.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar