The Schember Administration would like to remind people about the large item pick-up process so that they do not put out large items unscheduled.
Here is how the program works:
- City residents now have two options for scheduling a pick-up. They can call 870-1550 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays to schedule their large item pick-up. Or, they can log on to http://www.erie.pa.us/largeitempickup to schedule.
- If residents call, they must call 72 hours (or 3 days) before their pick-up night.
- Callers and website users will receive a Confirmation Number to confirm the pick-up.
- Pick-up will take place on your regular refuse night.
- You may put out up to 3 large items per pick-up.
- The city will limit the number of pick-ups to 40-50 per night.
- Put items out within 24 hours of your scheduled pick-up date (items placed at the curb before that will be subject to ticketing).
As part of Quality of Life Ticketing, the Office of Code Enforcement will be writing a $25 ticket to anyone who places large items at the curbside without scheduling a pick-up and/or anyone who puts out more than the allotted items on their scheduled night. “This is an effort to eliminate any illegal dumping so that we can work toward making sure that every neighborhood is welcoming and vibrant.”
This week, city employees have been giving people courtesy notices with information on how to properly schedule a pick-up. The ticketing will start next week.