Second Fatal Fire In 24 Hours Claims Life of Jamestown Resident and His Dog.

Local News
Jamestown Fatal Fire (1)_1491152246414.png

The second fatal fire in 24 hours has claimed the life of a Jamestown resident and his dog. Firefighters were called to 119 Myrtle Street in Jamestown at about 1 am Sunday morning. They found fire in an upstairs apartment. While searching the apartment, they found a 39 year old male and a dog. They attempted to resuscitate them both but were unsuccessful. The resident was transported to UPMC Chautauqua WCA were he was declared deceased. The cause of the fire was ruled as cooking on the stove that was left unattended. The victim’s identification has not been released.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar