Small fire at Cheddar’s Restaurant today in Summit Township

Local News

A small fire gives diners at one local restaurant a scare this afternoon.  

At around 2:30 calls came in for a fire in a dumpster at Cheddar’s Restaurant in Summit Township.  The dumpster is located inside a shelter which is attached to the building.  The fire alarm sounded inside the building, forcing staff and customers to evacuate.

Dan Hersch, Assistant Fire Chief for Kearsarge, says, “I got on scene, had smoke showing.  The sprinkler had activated so it had knocked down the majority of the fire.  So, our crews came in and did a search to make sure everybody was out of the building.  They’re doing a little bit of overhaul now.  There doesn’t seem to be any fire extension to the building itself but there was a lot of smoke inside the structure.”

Several fire crews responded.  There were no injuries and no real damage to the restaurant.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Events Calendar