The following state roads in PennDOT’s northwest region are closed to through traffic due to flooding and flood damage.
• Route 322 is closed from Route 6 in the City of Meadville to Franklin Pike in West Mead Township.
• Route 2040 (Spring Street) is closed from Route 102 to Lincoln Avenue in the City of Meadville.
• Route 1016 (Miller Station Road) is closed from Route 6 in Cambridge Township to Miller Hill Road in Rockdale Township.
• Route 1014 (Johnston Road) is closed from Route 408 to Brown Hill Road in Rockdale Township.
• Route 3004 (Nebraska Road) is closed from German Hill Road to Sage Road in Green Township.
The following roads have reopened since the last update:
• Route 2008 (Wilson Shute Road) is open in Union Township, Crawford County.
Roadways will reopen when conditions permit.
PennDOT urges motorists to be alert to water on roadways, obey warning signs and traffic control devices, and never drive through flooding or standing water on roads. Shallow, swiftly flowing water can wash a car from a roadway. Also, the roadbed may not be intact under the water.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 825 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAErie