The Erie County Blasco Library is announcing their new Idea Lab stickers.
The sticker can be added to your library card and it’s going to be the key in using the ‘Idea and Media Lab’.
After signing up online, there will be a welcome packet which explains how to use the website. This will make it easier to see from home what is available at the Idea Lab.
Librarian Jude Shingle says the lab will “allow them pathways that, if they have this idea that they are excited about and interested in; turning it into a business, we now have pathways available to kind of support for them.”
The Idea Lab features:
- Idea Lab Makerspace: Design, create, and build using shared equipment. Try out our 3D printers, sewing machines, vinyl cutter, design software, and more.
- Media Lab: Record music, video, podcasts, and more in our digital media lab.
- Community Classroom: Learn new skills from our library team and community experts.This room comfortably seats up to 30 people.
- Collaboratory 102 & 103: Small groups can meet and work collaboratively on projects and ideas. This space comfortably seats up to five people.
- Job & Career Resources and Support: Access a curated collection of job and career resources. Meet with our community partners who will help you navigate your career path.
Idea Lab Hours: Monday 5PM-8PM | Tuesday – Thursday 9 AM – 8 PM | Friday & Saturday 9 AM – 4:30 PM | Sundays – Closed
Materials and Use Fees: Usage of equipment in the Makerspace and Media Lab is free, though fees for some materials may apply. To use the equipment in the Idea Lab, you will need a valid library card in good standing.