FLOWOOD, Miss. (WNCN) – Two Mississippi men face felony charges after police said they used glue to attach winning numbers to a lottery ticket in an attempt to win $100,000.
Odis Latham, 47, and Russell Sparks, 48, both of Columbus, Mississippi used super glue to attach winning numbers to a losing ticket, police said.
The attempted to cash the ticket on Monday, the Mississippi Lottery said.
The Flowood Police Department said both men have been charged with conspiracy to commit a felony and uttering counterfeit instrument over $1,000.
Latham was also charged with false identifying information.
Both suspects are being held at the Rankin County Jail with no bond.
They were both scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
- Bills running game takes step in the right direction vs. Chargers
- Josh Allen says they ‘left a lot out there’ offensively after missed opportunities vs. Chargers
- Bills need to close out games during final stretch of regular season
- Cathedral Prep Football Team of the Week (11-29-20)
- Your Health: Knowing the risk of birth complications