SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — Hundreds of people showed up to a veteran’s funeral in Sarasota after learning the man had no family.
Edward K. Pearson passed August 31. He was 80 years old.
Because Pearson had no immediate family to come to his funeral, the public is welcome to attend.
His public service will be held Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 12:30 p.m. at the Sarasota National Cemetery.
The cemetery is located at 9810 State Road 72 in Sarasota.
- H.S. Basketball Highlights (3-2-21)
- Gannon, Mercyhurst Ready for Two-Game Series
- AHN Saint Vincent partners with Booker T. Washington Center to provide COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill
- Wesleyville Fire Department seeks to gain more volunteer fire fighters