Sriracha Spiced Seared Ahi Tuna
Recipe By: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
Cook Time: 10-15 mins (inactive) ; 5-6 mins (cook)
Serves: 2 ppl
- 2 four to five oz center cut Ahi Tuna steaks
- 1 T sriracha seasoning
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t turbinado
- 1t ground ginger
- 1-2T Olive oil
- Sesame seeds for finishing (optional)
- Mix sriracha seasoning, red pepper, turbinado, ginger & olive oil to make a paste
- Brush steaks with mixture and let marinate for 10-15 mins
- Get grill pan very hot.
- Place steaks in pan. They should sizzle immediately.
- Cook on first side for approx. 2 mins. Then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 1minute. Then thinly slice each steak and fan out.
- Finish with sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: Ahi tuna has a ton of omega 3s. Please don’t overcook!