Ahi Tuna Nicoise Pasta
Recipe by: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 ppl
- (2) 8oz center cut Ahi Tuna steaks
- 2 cups of blanched green beans
- ½ c of Kalamata olives
- 2cups of boiled sliced potatoes
- 2cups of thinly sliced bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 2 boiled eggs sliced
- 1t house seasoning(granulated garlic, onion and cracked pepper)
- 1/2t salt
- 2 T garlic crushed
- ¼ c of red or apple cider vinegar
- 4T Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of EVOO
- 2T turbinado sugar
- 1/2lb of cooked penne pasta
- Cracked pepper to finish
- Season tuna with house seasoning and salt. Set to the side.
- Blend vinegar, garlic, mustard, EVOO and sugar in a blender or processor until mixed well
- Toss potatoes, peppers and beans in sauce to coat.
- Bring your grill pan or cast iron (my preference) to a high heat.
- Drizzle steaks with a little evoo and then place in pan. Cook on first side for approx. 2 mins. Then flip and cook for another 1 min for med/rare.
- Remove and let rest for 1 minute. Then thinly slice.
- Arrange pasta, beans, potatoes, peppers and olives on each plate. Then top with tuna and divide egg slices.
- Finish by drizzling sauce over tuna and sprinkle with cracked pepper if desired. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: This dish is great room temperature. Ahi tuna is delicious and best taste if you don’t overcook!