Meat Lovers Stuffed Puff Pastry
Recipe By: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- (1) 10×15 sheet of puff pastry, cut in quarters
- 1 1/3 cup, of your favorite pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mild or spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup ham, diced or cubes
- 12 slices of large pepperoni or more if smaller pepperoni
- 1 cup of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg + 2T of milk or water beaten together
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry with a rolling pin, then cut sheet into quarters.
- Brush about an inch around each rectangle of pastry with your egg wash, then spread 1/3 of your sauce inside each of the brushed sheets.
- Distribute evenly ½ cup of cheese on sheets, then follow with ¼ cup each of Italian sausage, ham and 3 slices of pepperoni for each sheet section.
- Then from the bottom, roll up the pastry like a jelly roll. Place seam side down on sprayed baking sheet. Repeat with other 3 sections of pastry.
- Brush the tops and side of each pocket with the egg wash. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. This will help to give you a tasty golden brown shiny crust.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 25-30 mins or until bottom is brown and top is golden. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: For my sauce I roasted some chopped tomatoes, onions, & garlic seasoned with Italian seasoning until soft and mashed.
Follow Chef Lisa Heidelberg on Facebook and Instagram at Dinner Is Served By Lisa