Power Packed Snacks
Recipe By: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
*Oatmeal in Microwave: Cook Time: 8 mins
- Serving: 1 1/2
- 1/2 Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup of Instant Oats
- 1 Cup of Water (keep a Tablespoon to the side for the finishing mix)
- 1 teaspoon of Butter (unsalted or preferred)
- Microwaveable Bowl (wider bowl to allow oats to expand and cook)
- 1 Spoon (to mix and eat)
- Pour all oats and water into bowl.
- Place bowl inside microwave and set on High for 2 1/2 mins.
- Once time is over, Let it sit in microwave for 1 minute.
- Carefully, take the bowl out of the microwave and add the leftover Tablespoon of water, butter, and (Add salt to preferred taste).
- Lastly, Enjoy!
*Quick Protein Bites:
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serving: 8 to 10 Bites
- 1/2 Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Heavy Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Craisins
- 1 teaspoon of Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of Agave
- 1 Small pan (for toasting Oats)
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Spoon (to mix and help roll your bites)
- Storing Container or Plate (for refrigeration)
- Set Small pan on med/high heat and add Oats to beginning toasting. While keeping in eye on your oats, put peanut butter, chia seeds, craisins, cocoa, agave in your mixing bowl.
- Stir your oats around and you should start to smell the toast of the oats.
- Remove Oats and pour right on top of ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Stir all ingredients together well.
- Use spoon and hands to roll bite size balls. Place balls in a storing container or plate. Put in refrigerator to chill (they taste the best nice and cold). Longer time chilled the better!
- These delicious protein bites are a great snack and dessert. (can add turmeric and cayenne for a kick and help inflammation) Enjoy!
*Mini Muffin Frittatas
Cook time: 10 mins
- 4-6 eggs
- ½ kosher salt
- ¼ black pepper
- ¼ c half n half or heavy cream
- ½ cup of sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup steamed broccoli
- ½ cup or feta
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Crack eggs in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and cream. Whisk together until frothy.
- Divide sundried tomatoes, broccoli and feta into each muffin cup.
- Pour eggs mixture in each muffin until filled.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10mins.or until a toothpick stuck in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Top each muffin with half a cherry tomato. Then serve and enjoy!
Chef note: You can use any combo of ingredients you like. These are a great on the go start to your day or afternoon snack. They taste great hot or room temp.
Follow Chef Lisa on Facebook & Instagram @Dinnerisservedby