Shepherd’s Pie Rolls
Recipe by: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Serves: 4 ppl
- 1lb ground sirloin beef
- ½ cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning(equal parts granulated garlic, onion & black pepper)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Montreal seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup of sliced green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-2 garlic gloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 outer leaves of cabbage, par-boiled until pliable
- Mashed Potatoes (I like mine a little chunky)
- Shredded cheddar, to sprinkle on top of each roll
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay your prepared cabbage leaves flat on the counter. Mix beef seasoning corn, carrots, & beans together. Then take approx. 2 oz of the mixture and pay at one end of the cabbage leaf. Fold in the sides and roll them up. Set the rolls in a sprayed baking dish.
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet. Then add onion and sauté, add garlic and flour. Cook for 1 minute then add the beef broth. Cook until thickened. About 5-7mins.
- Pour the gravy over the rolls. Then cover the dish and bake in a 425-degree oven until the internal temp reads 165 degrees or for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve 2 rolls per person on top of mashed potatoes with more gravy and finish with cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: You could also make this dish with ground turkey for a lighter version.
Follow Chef Lisa on Instagram or Facebook @DinnerIsServedBy