Puff Pocket! Stuffed w/Chicken, Broccoli, Cheese & Dressing
Recipe By: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Serves: 2 main course servings or 12 appetizers
- (1) 10×15 sheet of puff pastry, cut in half
- 1 cup, steamed broccoli seasoned
- 1 cup cooked chicken cubed
- 1 cup leftover dressing or stuffing
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg + 2T of milk or water beaten together
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out each half of puff pastry with a rolling pin.
- Put half of broccoli at one end of of pastry then layer with ½ of chicken, then ½ of dressing and finally top with ½ of cheese.
- Brush all edges of the puff pastry with egg wash. Then from the bottom roll up the pastry like a jelly roll. Place seam side down on sprayed baking sheet. Repeat with other half of pastry.
- Brush the tops and side of each pocket with the egg wash. This will help to give you a golden brown shiny crust.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20-25 mins or until bottom is brown and top is golden. Let cook for 5 mins then cut in half and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: You can cut pastry into 12 squares fill, fold up and bake for a delicious appetizer that’s good hot or room temperature. The filling possibilities are endless.