Now that baseball season has wrapped up, the Erie SeaWolves held a yard sale for fans.
The Erie SeaWolves end-of-season yard sale took place at UPMC Park Friday and Saturday.
Friday, Oct. 1 and Saturday, Oct. 2, the Erie SeaWolves sold past game jerseys, mystery autographed baseballs, player and ballpark photos, ballpark banners and signs, helmets and equipment, and much more.
According to the president of the stadium, Greg Coleman, the facility is preparing for the clubhouse’s $1.5 million renovations.
The yard sale is a bonus for fans to purchase jersey’s worn by players on the field. He says hosting the yard sale is helping prepare the space needed to renovate the clubhouse to meet the new standards of major league baseball teams.
“Some of the things we’ve moved out are things like folding clubhouse chairs and lockers and things like that. It will replaced with just a little more space, new meeting areas for the teams, and separate rooms for the coaches and managers. When major league baseball put these specs originally together, going back 35 years ago, coaching staff had four people, now it’s almost double that. So you just need a little bit more space and it’ll suit their needs a lot better,” said Greg Coleman, President, Erie SeaWolves.
Items for sale included:
- SeaWolves yellow game jerseys worn in 2021
- Erie Pontiacs game-worn specialty jerseys (last worn in 2013)
- SeaWolves black game jerseys (last worn in 2018)
- SeaWolves gray game jerseys (last worn in 2018)
- Miscellaneous specialty jerseys
- Padded, folding clubhouse chairs with SeaWolves logos (limited quantities available)
- Stadium seats (very limited quantities available)
- Miscellaneous framed ballpark and player photos and artwork
- Miscellaneous autographed game publications
- Miscellaneous game-used batting helmets and equipment
- Miscellaneous ballpark banners and signs
- Game-used lineup cards (various seasons including 2021)
- Mystery autographed baseballs
- Miscellaneous game-used hats
Coleman says it was a great turnout and they had a lot of fans come out to purchase items.
For news delivered right to you, subscribe to JET 24/FOX 66/YourErie.com’s breaking, daily news & severe weather email lists